Teacher: Why did you not study?
Student: A year has 365 days for you to study. After taking away 52 Sundays, there are only 313 days left. There are 50 days in the summer that is way too hot to work so there are only 263 days left. We sleep 8 hours a day, in a year, that counts up to 122 days so now we're left with 141 days. If we fooled around for only 1 hour a day, 15 days are gone, so we are left with 126 days. We spend 2 hours eating each day, 30 days are used in this way in the year, and we are left with 96 days in our year. We spend 1 hour a day speaking to friends and family, that takes away 15 days more and we are left with 81 days. Exams and tests take up at least 35 days in your year, hence you are only left with 46 days. Taking off approximately 40 days of holidays, you are only left with 6 days. Say you are sick for a minimum of 3 days, you're left with 3 days in the year to study! Let's say you only go out for 2 days... You're left with 1 day. But that 1 day is your birthday.
We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us some of the best excuses they've ever used to skip school. Here are some of the best responses!
2. I heard my sister say this once to my mom so I used it as well: "I started my period and I'm cramping real bad." I was an 11-year-old boy at the time I used it.
Submitted by Bill Tibbetts, Facebook
3. My friend and I had skipped half the day off school. She came up with a lie that we had to help an old woman who collapsed in the street on the way to school. The lie was so elaborate my friend had put the emergency services number in her call history to show the teachers. Funnily enough they believed us and we were deemed "heroes".
Submitted by haseebb
4. A few weeks after I got my ears pierced (aged 15), I told a PE teacher that I couldn't join in because my earrings were too heavy. Amazingly, I was let off!
Ellie Welsh , Facebook
6. In high school I rubbed a greasy McDonalds breakfast sausage on the back of my pants. Went to the school nurse told her my stomach hurt and I had an accident. Quickest I was ever sent home. I'm still proud of that.
Bart Hickey, Facebook
7."I was there the entire time, you just didn't notice me."
Emmy Bloomberg , Facebook
8.I had a copy of my dentist's logo and address stamp saved on my computer. Anytime we needed a sick note I would just print one off and sign something illegible at the bottom.
Obviously, I was the best big sister ever.
Submitted by noelg4779521a7
10.I ripped up every valid excuse note my mother ever wrote, replacing it with my own forged note. That way, the handwriting was always consistent.
Jill Elizabeth, Facebook
11. I mustered up the courage to use the ol' "I can't do gym because I have my period" excuse to my male PE teacher when I was 12 or 13 (I'm no longer embarassed about my period, but you know) and he replied with, "Oh, my wife tells me that exercise always makes her feel better when she has her period!" TRAITOR.
Megan Elizabeth, Facebook
12. In the 6th grade I had a big math test I did not prepare for. I drank ipecac to induce vomiting. I got to stay home, but the joke was on me. I threw up all day. Ugh.
Sara Vercillo, Facebook