Essay on Pros and Cons of Social Media
875 Words4 Pages
The more social media we have, the more we think we're connecting, yet we’re really disconnecting from each other. Communication is a crucial part of the human life when it comes to interacting and progressing our society. Ever since the beginning of as much as we can remember, we’ve communicated in many forms such as body language, sign language and written language. Nowadays, we’ve taken socializing to a whole new level. We’ve constructed a form of typed language with the given name, social networking. There are endless social media sites that make it obtainable to connect between various amounts of people. In consideration of the ability that people can interact through social media, most people own an account for engaging. Granting all…show more content…
Social networking makes keeping in touch with a vast circle of friends easier. Anyone can send personal emails and letters to individuals, or post a simple message for everyone to see at once. They can let everyone know where they are, what they’re doing and how they’re feeling, and it only takes a few seconds.
The most genuine complication of social media is addiction. A reporter on Salem health characterized that text messaging is no longer the biggest teenage obsession, and enormous phone bills from lengthy phone calls are no longer the biggest doubts for parents. These teenage addictions still remain, but in our generation and in analogy to the Facebook mania, it’s quite insignificant. Facebook addiction is advised to be a disorder driven by a craving. Not being able to access Facebook creates anxiety among fanatics. It is one of the most prominent social networking sites and has over one billion users without exception. People detach themselves from family and friends. Further symptoms of Facebook addiction have been related with needy sleep patterns. Researchers have also attempted to evaluate certain personality traits to the obsession. Being in touch with friends and family might clarify the logic why people are unreasonably obsessed.
Some people evolve into becoming isolated after using social media. Some might think
Social networking sites provoke extreme reactions. You either like it or hate it. There are no in betweens. The rise of social networking sites have been phenomenal partly due to the immense freedom it affords. While the internet made the world a global village, the social networking sites brought the world within the four walls. You can make friends, interact with them, get to know the various cultures and places through them and more while sitting at the same desk. These sites facilitates you to spread information and also to advertise and with the minimum cost. Due to such sites, you won’t find yourself lost among the billions of websites. No wonder it is one of the fastest growing communication tool in the internet. From finding long lost friends to meeting likeminded people, these sites offer everything to facilitate your online life. However, under the mountain of advantages there are also a lot of disadvantages. Knowing them will hold you in good stead as you cannot know when this accessible-by-all tool becomes your worst nightmare. To know more read the article below on the pros and cons of social networking sites.
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Social Networking Sites
The Pros Of Social Networking Sites
- The best advantage of social networking sites is that these sites allow you to keep in touch with your friends, classmates, and relatives. It is also the most cost effective way to keep in touch with your people. Here geographical locations are no barrier to stay in touch.
- These sites allow you to send and receive messages, upload photos, and videos. As such, they are very interactive as you can get to see what your friends and relatives are up to.
- With social networking sites, you are not bound by any geographical and cultural differences. You get to meet and know a variety of people whose interests are similar to your own. These sites are a window to different cultures and places.
- You can build a network of contacts and interact with a lot of people at the same time. As such, you can spread your thoughts and interests to a large number of people.
- The social networking sites also facilitate you to procure information on any subjects from anywhere. These sites also make it easier and faster to collect the information.
- Social networking sites can also be a tool to promote your business, services, products, or websites. Due to the huge number of people who regularly use networking sites it has found huge favors among advertisers.
The Cons Of Social Networking Sites
- The most glaring disadvantage of social networking sites is the risk of identity theft and fraud. The personal information of users can be used by dubious people for illegal activities. Information like the e-mail address, name, location, and age can be used to commit online crimes.
- Also, many people pretend to be someone else and prepare their online profiles with false information, so as to dupe unsuspecting users. So, if you do not know the person face to face then it will be very hard for you to find the real identity.
- Another cause of concern is cases of online harassment and stalking. Since the social networking sites, are very poorly regulated so it can be a very fertile ground for people trying to get even with you. They can spread malicious humor among your friends and also download and morph your photos.
How to Cite