Marketing Job Seeking Tips
Its important to take time to prepare a strong cover letter that can connect with hiring managers and sell you as the right choice for the job. Regardless of your intended position or field, there are a few basic rules to writing a quality cover letter. Here are some dos and donts to help create a cover letter that works.
1. Do toot your own horn. Your goal is to make an indelibly positive impact, so dont be afraid to be your own cheerleader. Assertively demonstrate how youve distinguished yourself in your career.
2. Dont include salary information. This could be seen as amateurish and unprofessional, and may harm your ability to negotiate a better salary when youre offered jobs in Marketing.
3. Do give your cover letter strong focus. Hiring managers get a lot of applications. Your cover letter needs to get to the point, answering the vital questions of who you are, what you can do and why you should get the job.
4. Dont include controversial details like your political or religious affiliations. Avoid mentioning memberships or awards that may inadvertently reveal such information.
5. Do polish your work. Grammar and spelling are crucial to making a good impression. You dont want your cover letter to raise questions about the kind of employee you would be.
Sample Marketing Cover Letter
A persuasive and well written marketing cover letter gives you a definite advantage in your job search. Get the employer's attention and interest with a properly prepared and hard hitting cover letter.
Package your skills and experience to produce your own unique cover letter for the marketing job opportunity and make sure your resume gets read.
Marketing Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Mark Stevens
Director of Human Resources
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
Your recent advertisement for the Marketing position immediately captured my interest. I am confident that my solid marketing experience and expertise provides me with the capabilities to successfully fill this position. Accordingly I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
Some noteworthy accomplishments and experiences that I would bring to the job include:
- Key contribution to successful new product introductions and line extensions including ..... and .....
- In-depth experience in new product market research, launch strategies, advertising, product training and sales support
- Effectively marketed products through direct response advertising, industry-specific seminars, trade shows and online marketing tools
- Development of marketing strategies specific to various social media platforms
- Profitably developed pricing and distribution strategies
- My strong analytical skills are evident in the meticulous feasibility and consumer data studies I produced for DEF Company
- While at DEF Company I grew revenue per customer by ..... and expanded my customer base by .....
- A solid reputation as a hard working, innovative and results-driven professional
I believe my background clearly provides the marketing skills you require for this position. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and explore further how I may be of value to your organization. I look forward to hearing from you soon to set up an appointment at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Make sure your cover letter effectively highlights how your skills and abilities directly relate to the marketing job requirements.
Marketing Job Resources
Use the sample marketing job description to help you establish the priorities of the marketing job opportunity.
Job Skills List
Focus on the strengths you bring to the job opportunity. Go to the excellent article on What are your Strengths? to help you determine your areas of strength.
Marketing Manager Job Description
Marketing Manager Resume
Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Marketing Interview Questions
Marketing Manager Interview
Sales Cover Letter
Marketing Cover Letter Tips
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Marketing Resume Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page